Needless to say it was a lovely evening - Fever over 101, sleeping on the bathroom floor, texting friends to see who could bring me some pepto (My friend Chris rocks - he brought pepto AND smart water (Water + Electrolites)), and just general unplesentness.
I learned a few things that I had forgotten that night and in the past few days that I would like to share:
- The body should not need to be nauseous and use the toilet at the same time. Evolution, please catch up.
- Food Poisoning is a great ab work out - you work ab muscles that you didn't even realize you had
- When you are sick, you smell like you are sick. No matter how much you shower, that 'sick' funk just keeps coming back
- Honey water is good for upset tummies that can't handle tea (just pretend you are a humming bird or something)
- Gu is good when you need something that your stomach can handle after its big purge
- Apparently it is impossible to sleep too much
I am trying to find some positiveness in all of this by hoping it will kick off my healthier eating. I am hoping to plan out my meals this week and then stick to it for the week. Plus my desire to eat out (cause that is where I think it came from), has pretty much totally been lost. Maybe this was my body's way of telling me I eat out too much and I need to start something better. I am back up to the 15 lbs I need to loose by the end of May, so I need something to kick me off.
Anyone out there have any good food poisoning stories (using a very loose definition of good)?