Saturday, April 5, 2008

Food Poisoning

I have been absent this week because I have been taken down by the dreaded FOOD POISONING (dum dum dummmmmmm). When I got home from work on Thursday (as if this week wasn't bad enough with the boy thing and work going south faster than a thermometer in Antarctica) I was feeling a little queezy, but I had just had a few drinks... no biggie I thought. Boy was I WRONG.

Needless to say it was a lovely evening - Fever over 101, sleeping on the bathroom floor, texting friends to see who could bring me some pepto (My friend Chris rocks - he brought pepto AND smart water (Water + Electrolites)), and just general unplesentness.

I learned a few things that I had forgotten that night and in the past few days that I would like to share:
  • The body should not need to be nauseous and use the toilet at the same time. Evolution, please catch up.
  • Food Poisoning is a great ab work out - you work ab muscles that you didn't even realize you had
  • When you are sick, you smell like you are sick. No matter how much you shower, that 'sick' funk just keeps coming back
  • Honey water is good for upset tummies that can't handle tea (just pretend you are a humming bird or something)
  • Gu is good when you need something that your stomach can handle after its big purge
  • Apparently it is impossible to sleep too much
I still haven't gotten back to eating real food yet - I tried some soup last night and some rice this morning and my stomach is still upset, so I've been having a gu every so often and some honey water (and just a LOT of water over and over and over again).

I am trying to find some positiveness in all of this by hoping it will kick off my healthier eating. I am hoping to plan out my meals this week and then stick to it for the week. Plus my desire to eat out (cause that is where I think it came from), has pretty much totally been lost. Maybe this was my body's way of telling me I eat out too much and I need to start something better. I am back up to the 15 lbs I need to loose by the end of May, so I need something to kick me off.

Anyone out there have any good food poisoning stories (using a very loose definition of good)?

1 comment:

Jenniferlyn said...

:( Are you feeling any better????????????

When we hang out we can nix the food and go right for the drink. lol... maybe that will help?