Saturday, March 8, 2008

Call me Moby...

So today I got my new scale - it is FANCY (hell it takes more batteries than most other appliances in my house) - it will tell you your weight, your BMI, your % water (i.e. are you hydrated enough), lb that is muscle, and calories needed per day to maintain weight. What it really told me is what I already knew - I am fat. Not crazy over the top fat, but I am the heaviest I have EVER been in my whole life and I am not happy about it.

I know that I exercise less being the super computer jockey, not walking from class to class every few hours, not on any sort of sports team person I have become. And I don't like it. I don't like the fact that my clothes don't fit, I don't like the fact that I can't fit into the cute things at the store that I want to buy, I don't like how big my butt has gotten, how my thighs rub together when I run - hell, I don't even like how big my breasts have gotten cause gosh they get in the way when you do things (although I do think it has helped with the guys).

So I am gonna do something about it. I am going to loose weight.

I am traveling to Phoenix at the end of May for a wedding then to San Fran to visit some friends and have my birthday and by that time my goal it to loose 20 lbs and fit into the elegant black dress I used to be able to fit into at that weight. Notice I am not telling you how much I weigh now, nor how much I well weight then, because I am rather embarrassed to say how much it is out loud.

So in an effort to stick to my guns, and to look from support from my friends, I am going to start posting my progress on this site. Workouts, delta weight, etc. Please help cheer me along as I go on this journey back to healthiness.

So as of the time I started this goal about a week ago, I have lost 3 lbs - not sure if this is water weight, different clothes on or whatever, but it is progress. I have 12 weeks to make this goal, which in my mind is about 2 lb a week. If I CAN make the goal, then I will reveal my new weight and you can come back and see how much I used to weight and be shocked.

Lucky for me, this goal also is a week before my first triathlon of the season which is even better because I didn't want to look like a white whale again when I came out of the swim (hence the title of this post). Monday is the first day for that 13 week plan, so added bonus, I have a whole list of work outs to do to help my butt out.

I also discovered that I can no longer eat fast food. I had Wendy's for lunch on Thursday and BW3 for a baby shower lunch on Friday and my intestines showed their displeasure in the way that only intestines can do. So from now on, no more deep fried goodness for me. This will probably help with the stuff mentioned above, but boy is it going to make lunch harder to go out for.


So wish me well friends, cheer me on my way, and celebrate with me at the end of these 12 weeks.

P.S. For those of you who were interested, I bought the Tanita Ironman scale, Model BC552.

1 comment:

TBD said...

whee!! I want one of those scales. I bet my body composition is totally off the charts right now (unless it has a pregnancy setting)

How do you like it so far?